The Redding Baseball Committee and the Easton-Redding Baseball League are pleased to announce that registration for the Spring 2023 season is open for all boys and girls ages 4 through 12 (age as of 4/30/23). Each year about 200 children participate in our Spring season from our T-Ball Division up through our Majors Division. The season runs from mid-April through mid-June with games on weekends as well as various weeknight games/practices.
Division breakouts are as follows:
Majors – Cost for Season - $240.00. The Majors players will play all of their games on the larger 50/70 field (50 feet from pitcher’s mound to home plate and 70 feet between each base) with 50/70 field rules such as leading and pick offs. This division is for all eligible 7th, 6th, and 5th graders – although younger/less experienced 5th graders may choose to play in the Minors division instead by noting that in the Special Request section of Registration.
Minors - Cost for Season - $240.00. Played on the traditional 46/60 field – features full kid pitch, stealing, etc. This division is for 5th (those choosing to not play in Majors), 4th, and 3rd graders.
Rookies - Cost for Season - $215.00. Also played on the traditional 46/60 field – features combination of coach pitch/machine pitch. Games are played with outs, score is kept, and players bat in a continuous lineup. This division is for 2nd, and 1st graders.
T-Ball - Cost for Season - $140.00. Played on a smaller sized field with smaller team sizes (usually 6 – 8 per team). Batters hit the ball off a tee while learning the fundamentals of the game including positions, batting, fielding, & throwing. This division is for those children in Kindergarten, Pre-K, and any child who turns 4 by April 30, 2023.
- Payment in full is required for registration to be complete.
- Both the Majors and Minors teams will be fully integrated with Easton Baseball and teams will be proportionally balanced based on overall registration.
- Redding players must register on the BGCRE registration website. Easton resident players should register with the Easton Baseball League on their website.
- Rookie and T-Ball divisions are organized as Redding only teams with all games and practices in Redding, typically at the RCC fields.
- "Play-ups" are at the sole discretion of the Redding Baseball League Committee and President. Play-ups will be granted strictly based on safety concerns.
- All teams are coached by volunteer coaches. Please consider being a coach and or assistant coach. Volunteers are welcome for all age groups. T-Ball volunteers sre needed to begin the season.
Key Spring Dates:
- Registration Deadline: March 9th
- Player Evaluations for Majors and Minors divisions only will be held early to mid-March
- Teams announced: Week of March 20
- First practices (indoor if gyms are available): early April
- First Games: Week of April 22 weather and field conditions permitting
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
We look forward to another fun and safe season - Opening Day will be here soon!
The Redding Baseball Committee
Open to: Boys & Girls
born between: 04/30/2010 and 08/31/2019
In Grades: Pre-K to 7 for 2022-23 School year